[LAD] LADI

torbenh torbenh at gmx.de
Sun Dec 20 23:18:53 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 09:11:04PM +0100, rosea grammostola wrote:
> torbenh wrote:
> > On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 11:23:54AM +0100, rosea grammostola wrote:
> >> What can we expect from group 2? Maybe some of the lash developers
> >> belongs in this group?
> >> Dave, Juuso, Bob Ham, ... ? What are your plans now?
> >>

> > dunno... jack session is frozen now.
> >
> Torben, thanks for your reply.
>
> Can you, for the people who didn't follow the development of jack
> session, shortly point out what jack session does.
>
> 1) What do you want to achieve with jack session.

session management ?
load/save of whole jack graph .

> 2) How do you think you are able to achieve it?

with very few exceptions every app thats a target for session
management, is a jack client.
so why not add some callbacks, and let the sessionmanager
communicate with apps via jack ?

this basically reduces the size of the app patches.
allowing me to patch at least one app per hour.

> 3) Why do you think this is the best way to do it?

every app is already using jack IPC to communicate with jackd.
-> minimally invasive on the app.
no reinvention of the wheel or yet another IPC mechanism to add.

anyways... effort is frozen.
we are dumping a working implementation.

--
torben Hohn