[LAD] LADI

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Dec 25 14:46:06 UTC 2009

Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
> rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola at gmail.com> writes:
>

>> [snip]

http://www.google.de/#hl=de&source=hp&q=starting+jack+with+dbus+support&btnG=Google-Suche&meta=&aq=f&oq=starting+jack+with+dbus+support&fp=6e1a413bb204dd20

did link to user wishes, e.g.

http://old.nabble.com/dbus-support-for-jack--td26467201.html

As a user never ask anything about multimedia at forums for
non-audio-distros like openSUSE. Within one question you'll become a
troll. Whatever. We can choose an audio-distro.

I do understand that audio-distros can't be state-of-the-art all the
time, but I don't understand that even if JACK without dbus support is
preferred by some (maybe all) audio-distros, there isn't a second
package for JACK supporting dbus.

We users ask for this, but nothing happens.

For today I planed to compile latest kernel-rt and Qtractor and then to
make music with latest Qtractor, Calf Monosynth and Jconv + GUI. 1. I
will write a shell script that is able to launch all applications, this
will be no big deal. 2. The script should connect JACK audio
connections, also no big deal, because I will use jack_snapshot to do
it, unfortunately Qtractor can't do this, the possibility to restore
connections is limited. 3. The needed ALSA MIDI connections can be
restored by Qtractor. 4. IIRC I once tried to build
http://home.gna.org/a2jmidid/ for 64 Studio, to restore the JACK MIDI to
ALSA MIDI bridge connections, but it failed. I'll try to build it today.

Maybe I'll use Calf DSSI or, because it's new LV2 with Qtractor instead
of running the Calf host.

Anyway, linux audio users need to prepare a lot. This is time-consuming.
*Many users want Nedko*'*s session handler*! Coders of other
applications should reconsider the dbus issue, keeping in mind, that the
user needs a session handler.

Some time ago I started a script that is able to take snapshots of a
session, not a real auto session handler, but anyway a help. It is able
to detect running audio applications, because it has got a list with all
audio applications, maybe I'll complete this script, but I don't think
so. I guess just writing a script that fit to a single session is easy
to do. This don't has the advantages we expect from a session handler,
but IMO it's the only way to restore audio sessions at the moment.

I still have got one major problem. I don't know any virtual mixing
console for Linux that is able to restore fader positions. I'm not
talking about mixers for applications like Qtractor, just for a mixer to
connect Calf Monosynths and Jconv. I only need something similar to jackEQ.

OT: I'll compile git clone http://nedko.arnaudov.name/git/lv2fil.git
for 64 Studio today too, for Suse it's already compiled :).

My 2 cents,
Ralf