[LAD] [ANN] aseqmm 0.2.0 released

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Dec 28 23:37:52 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
<pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com> wrote:
> The ending in "mm" simply means to me something related to C++. Qt uses
> standard C++ in despite of FUD and propaganda that has been spread everywhere
> by zealots.

zealots? i can't think of a single C++ related project whose name ends
in "mm" that is not in some what related to the work of murray cumming
and rest of the team that wrap GNOME in C++ bindings. am i missing
out?

> It is not likely to happen, but if somebody writes a wrapper around the ALSA
> sequencer API using sigc, gobjects and other gnome friendly frameworks,
> wouldn't be more appropriate to name it gaseq ?

sigc has nothing whatsoever to do with gnome.
gobjects have nothing whatsoever to do with any of the *mm wrappers,
fundamentally.