[LAD] [ANN] aseqmm 0.2.0 released

Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 00:06:15 UTC 2009

On Tuesday, December 29, 2009, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
>
> <pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The ending in "mm" simply means to me something related to C++. Qt uses
> > standard C++ in despite of FUD and propaganda that has been spread
> > everywhere by zealots.
>
> zealots? i can't think of a single C++ related project whose name ends
> in "mm" that is not in some what related to the work of murray cumming
> and rest of the team that wrap GNOME in C++ bindings. am i missing
> out?

I'm not willing to polemize with you, but my affirmation was very clear: Qt
uses standard C++ and the propaganda saying otherwise is FUD. I'm sorry if
you felt identified by the name "zealot".

On the other hand: the name I've given to my library is only my own bussines,
unless there is a clash with another piece of software with the same name. Is
there such thing?

On Monday, December 28, 2009, torbenh wrote:
> hmm... maybe its just me. but to me the name aseqmm would imply it uses
> sigc and gobjects.
>
> wouldnt qaseq be amore appropriate name ?

I've copied the original comment, that I've answered and you apparently can't
read.

Let's stop fighting about terminology, and tell me what is the true origin of
your wraith against me.

Regards,
Pedro