[LAD] Dumb Idea #27: LV2 host as kernel?

Justin Smith noisesmith at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 02:51:36 UTC 2009

Just to be pedantic for a moment, every audio plugin needs to be
intimately familiar with time, because sound is a time bound
phenomena, you almost always need to have an incremental (even if
looped) index into an array somewhere, or some concept of a phase, and
also frequency usually plays a role as well, and frequency is a
measurement in the domain of time. Actually almost everything an audio
plugin does is time dependent.