[LAD] jack simple_client issue

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Jan 1 20:13:17 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2008-12-29 at 13:09 -0800, gopal e wrote:
> Hello All!
> I am just starting to use JACK and trying to run some of the example
> clients. I am able to hear audio from the metronome example by
> connecting the metronome output to the system playback ports.
> However, when I connect metronome output to the simple_client input, I
> do not hear any audio output. Since the simple client copies data from
> the output port to the input port, I notice that the it should work in
> the same fashion.  Would anyone have any suggestions as to what could
> be possibly wrong?

unfortunately, it depends a bit on which version of the simple client.
at some point, transport state sensitivity was added to the simple
client. starting with release 0.115.X and later, this was removed.

if you have an earlier version, the simple client only "works" when the
transport state is "rolling", which you can control from qjackctl or
using the jack_transport client.

--p