[LAD] LAC Scheduling [WAS: LAC2009 paper deadline coming near...]

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Mon Jan 12 18:14:04 UTC 2009

On Sunday 11 January 2009 12:23:27 pm Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> The paper submission deadline for LAC2009 is just a little
> more than 100 hours away, and the response so far has been
> rather disappointing, to the point that there would not be
> much of a conference at all.

Since the inception of the LAC series, it seems that they have been scheduled
to occur in mid/late April.  As a result, they always conflict with this
event:

	http://www.nabshow.com/

The 'Spring NAB' as it is generally called in the US is a huge tradeshow that
(among other things) showcases hardware and software products for both radio
and television broadcasters.  As such, it typically attracts attendance of
more than 100,000 and is generally a 'must attend' event for those whose
livings are derived from the technical side of broadcasting in North America.

Unfortunately, the result of this conflict has been to make it impossible for
me to attend any of the LAC sessions over the years; the need to pay my
mortgage trumps even my desire to help extend the state of the art of the LAD
community.  Thus, may I respectfully request that future LAC conferences be
scheduled at some other time?

Cheers!

|    There cannot be a crisis next week.  My schedule is already full.    |
|                                         -- Henry Kissinger              |