[LAD] LAC Scheduling [WAS: LAC2009 paper deadline coming near...]

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Mon Jan 12 18:36:08 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 01:14:04PM -0500, Fred Gleason wrote:

> Since the inception of the LAC series, it seems that they have been scheduled
> to occur in mid/late April.  As a result, they always conflict with this
> event:
>
> 	http://www.nabshow.com/

Yes, if you are in the USA and active in broadcasting
you can't ignore the Spring NAB. OTOH, the majority of
LAC participants are European, and we have the Frankfurt
Musikmesse at the start of April, and the AES conference
usually at the start of May...

The LACs in Karlsruhe indeed were all mid April, as will
be the next one, but last year's was end of February, and
IIRC Berlin was in March.

Maybe next year's organisers will take note...
Since your application is quite unique, it would
be good to have you at the conference.

Ciao,

--
FA