[LAD] Saving plugin presets

Luis Garrido luisgarrido at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 17 23:04:11 UTC 2009

>> i would like to know if somebody has already thought about a (unified)
>> way to save or export the settings of ladspa  plugins (or vst,lv2..)

I gave it some thought for a project of mine which sleeps the dream of
the just until I get some motivation to finish it.

> I would love to see that too. I would say its enough to agree on the conventions
> (format and place in filesystem) and add them as a comment to the ladspa header.

Ah, but that's a big, hairy, controversial "enough", unfortunately.
Some will swear for RDF turtle, some will kill in the name of a xml
dialect and some will argue the merits of no-nonsense ini files.

Then someone will come up with an abstraction layer to rule them all,
and in the darkness bind them.

I guess this will be in a state of flux until a dominant project sways
enough number of users to become widely adopted, probably Ardour, so
brush your shells and learn to dance the turtle.

Luis