[LAD] wfs streaming project report

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Sun Jan 18 13:55:32 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 02:22:02PM +0100, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> even greater than the engineering challenge will be the challenge of
> getting anybody to pay for that bs^H^Hthe realisation of such a
> visionary piece of art. which seems to have succeeded :)

(from and interview on Radio 3 with the director of
Rome's Parco della Musica):

Stockhausen visited the Parco della Musica not very
long before he died, and on seeing the place (designed
by Renzo Piano), mentioned to the director it would
be an excellent location for the Helicopter Quartet.
The director somehow felt morally obliged to get this
organised... The event was part of the Science Festival
going on at the location.

> <flamebait>while i do have a soft spot for the old geezer from sirius, i
> think the money would have been better spent on a whole bunch of other
> works less heavy on artistic hubris and a bit better equipped in the
> taste department.</flamebait>

We had quite some Stockhausen the past months -
I remember at least Hymnen and Stimmung being
broadcast live recently.

Ciao,

--
FA