[LAD] wfs streaming project report

Florian Faber faber at faberman.de
Mon Jan 19 07:07:41 UTC 2009

On Sunday 18 January 2009 14:22:02 Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 01:00:06PM +0100, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> > Earlier today in Rome there was a performance of
> > Stockhausen's Helicopter Quartet (the third ever
> > worldwide) in which the four members of a string
> > quartet perform in as many helicopter hovering
> > above the concert hall, with the resulting music
> > being reproduced for the audience inside.
> >
> > I've not seen any engineering reports on it so far,
> > but it must have been a nice challenge as well.
> wow. somebody finally did it? i know there have been at least two
> attempts before, and both were cancelled as the expenses were
> skyrocketing :)

The first was at the opening of the HANGAR-7 in Salzburg. There's a
documentary about it: http://www.bfmi.at/stockhausen.htm

I only found one image of the show in high quality:
http://www.redbull-photofiles.com/Photofiles/PhotofilesModule/ShowSubsectionImages?subsectionID=1109331030995-1940036278
(picture 220803H703 )

> <flamebait>while i do have a soft spot for the old geezer from sirius, i
> think the money would have been better spent on a whole bunch of other
> works less heavy on artistic hubris and a bit better equipped in the
> taste department.</flamebait>

I understand why they do it on time, but why repeat it?

Flo
--
Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
public key 6C002249          x-hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net