[LAD] help on creating MIDI from linux input events

Renato Budinich rennabh at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 10:53:03 UTC 2009

Thank you very much, this is interesting, I'll have a look into RtMidi
and your program. Being that the little I know is C, is it much more
difficult outputting notes using the alsa api?

> Since there is a driver for it, you should be able to use it as an
> alsa midi device.
uhm, i'm not sure... the driver (snd_usb_caiaq) actually takes care of
the soundcard built in the pedal, and on the way also makes the buttons
create keyboard events, and the pedal EV_ABS