[LAD] USB2 audio?! (Re: Alesis AudioLink)

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed Jul 8 17:21:51 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Wednesday 08 July 2009 17:43:47 Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
> Why Linux does not support USB2 audio devices?
> Where is the problem? (How can I help?)

Repeating the archive: For a rather long time, there was no usb2 audio
standard. Each device had its own proprietary protocoll only the vendors know.
Hard to support in linux. Now there is a standard. But no device actually uses
it because they all already have their own protocols. So in the end nothing
has changed.

And except from making the vendors publish their specs, there is nothing you
can do.

Have fun,

Arnold