[LAD] porting ladspa plugins to lv2

james morris james at jwm-art.net
Sat Jul 25 20:40:09 UTC 2009

Hi,

Seeing as I'm stuck at home this evening, I'm toying with the idea of
having a go at porting a LADSPA plugin to an LV2 plugin.

Looking at the official doc for LV2 I nearly ran a mile (or ten), but
Lars Luthmans "LV2 programming for the complete idiot" has me almost
convinced I might be able to do it... (( I think this guide should be
promoted more )).

So,

1) Are there any reasons why LADSPA plugins should not be ported to LV2?

2) Is anyone doing this already, and if so which plugins? (aside from
those commonly known as already ported.)

3) Any suggestions for plugins to be ported?

Regards,
James.