[LAD] At the hands of Professor Keller and Raymond

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Jul 27 16:16:17 UTC 2009

Hi Raymond :) hi list :)

laseray at gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday 27 July 2009 11:12:05 Robert Keller wrote:
>
>> Ralf,
>>
>> I think you have a misimpression, created by laseray (aka biophotoray
>> aka Raymond Martin), who apparently is trying to steal control of my
>> project, known as Impro-Visor.
>>

> Calling what I am doing stealing is defamation of character. I think Bob
> better watch what he says. Hardly what you would expect from someone
> who thinks he is in such an irreproachable position.

My recommendation is, that Bob forge the project within the next 3
month, that he will be the head of the project, but coders from the
community get access to the source directories, after they have shown by
some patches, that they are able to program, or what ever the regular
way for FLOSS projects might be.

>> I do want to cooperate, and will be looking into what I can do to
>> repair the damage he is causing. However, I need a little time,
>> because I just got back from Europe and this is not my only obligation
>> today. I can't move on the immediate demands of others, as this person
>> seems to think.
>>

> Good luck with that. In my experience, there is little if anything a person
> can do about someone legitimately forking a GPL project against their
> approval. Using the GPL for a project is to give others approval to fork it,
> at will. Thus he shows a lack of knowledge about what he has gotten himself
> into in the first place by using the GPL.

1. I can't see that Raymond causes a damage.
2. I understand that Bob and Raymond got exited.

Now we should find a solution that's fine for all of us (and not take a
stance if someone is good or bad).

>> It would not be wise to contribute to his fork meanwhile, because
>> there is a much more recent version that has not been released yet,
>> including bug fixes to the preview version which was posted briefly as
>> an executable (the only thing that is behind his asserted 'violation').
>>

> I have heard this before. All subterfuge to prevent competition.
> Did I mention that I have already forked other GPL projects before
> and tried all kinds of things to stop it. None of them worked because
> I was completely within my legal rights to do it.

For the community there isn't a "much more recent version" at the
moment. For some of us, me too, it feels bad if a binary done with FLOSS
is released without the source code, even if it's a preview version and
even if no licence is broken.

I don't know if in this case a licence is or isn't broken.

>> For reference, I include below a message from Raymond which exposes
>> his intent. Whether or not there was a violation on my part, it is no
>> excuse for his sort of malicious behavior.
>>

> He includes private messages intended for him only, that shows real
> character. There is nothing wrong with what I wrote in that message anyway.
> Perhaps others will not like the tone, makes no difference though.
>
> I think you can all see now the kind of person Bob is now by this post,
> exactly what I have been trying to tell everyone all along.

Yes, it was noticeable that he quoted a PM. I don't care about this,
because we are humans and sometimes everybody of us make mistakes.

>> As I am not formerly a member of the linux-audio-dev community, I just
>> now joined as a result of this.
>>
>> I must appeal to the reasonable members to understand and help me.
>>

> Why should they help? Nothing wrong has been done.
> This is highly laughable.
>
> I think he should go to the FSF and cry, they will laugh also.
>
> I invite Bob to get a lawyer and try to sue me for doing what he has allowed
> me to do by way of the GPL. It is contradictory to attack others for what you
> have given them permission to do.
>
> Raymond

Maybe we can try to find something similar to this and stop anything else:

"My recommendation is, that Bob forge the project within the next 3
month, that he will be the head of the project, but coders from the
community get access to the source directories, after they have shown by
some patches, that they are able to program, or what ever the regular
way for FLOSS projects might be."

At least the source code should be available within the next 3 month.

Ralf