[LAD] PS: Qtractor wishlist

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Mon Jun 1 08:13:01 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009 23:15, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I guess that you're still busy by programming some 'standard' features,
> so I won't write to you 'please add this, please add that'.
>
> I wrote that it's a PITA, to do settings, because of seg faults. It's
> not too hard, it's able to work relaxed, so don't worry about this.

laetst qtractor 0.4.1 has a nasty bug that makes it crash half of the
times you load a session with midi tracks. it is even more probable to
crash if  you have a multi-core machine (cpus > 2). this nasty has been
already squashed in cvs.

you're welcome to check out and build from qtractor cvs (current version
as 0.4.1.1339) where bugs get nailed on a daily basis. you can also
experience a few new features as well ;)

otoh, i've read that you're using fluidsynth-dssi. depending on which
version of libfluidsynth you have installed, this seems to be a nasty
source of segfaulting in fluidsynth-dssi, most specially on session/plugin
closing. i've narrowed the issue to the obeservation that latest
libfluidsynth-1.0.9 is at stake; libfluidsynth-1.0.8 works flawlessly.

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org