[LAD] supporting a dedicated DSP chip with ALSA

Ziv Haziz Ziv.Haziz at dspg.com
Sat Jun 6 18:57:29 UTC 2009

Ok I have taken the advise to use gstreamer when working with encoded
streams (I read a bit and understood it fits my case better)

I still left with offloading the PCM stream - this is a mandatory
request from me to do it under ALSA.

I have looked at LADSPA interface and saw  there are for port types:

#define LADSPA_IS_PORT_INPUT(x)   ((x) & LADSPA_PORT_INPUT)
#define LADSPA_IS_PORT_OUTPUT(x)  ((x) & LADSPA_PORT_OUTPUT)
#define LADSPA_IS_PORT_CONTROL(x) ((x) & LADSPA_PORT_CONTROL)
#define LADSPA_IS_PORT_AUDIO(x)   ((x) & LADSPA_PORT_AUDIO)

If I declare my plugin as control only will I get all the information
such as rate, format, etc... like a driver and will the frames will be
passed to the driver directly?

Ziv Haziz

SW Team Leader

Tel. +972-9-9529-776

Mobile +972-54-5225-398

ziv.haziz at dspg.com

www.dspg.com <http://www.dspg.com>

DSP Group, Inc. automatically scans all emails and attachments using MessageLabs Email Security System.