[LAD] [RFC] LADSPA 1.2

Damon Chaplin damon at karuna.eclipse.co.uk
Thu Jun 18 21:45:53 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 23:23 +0200, Stefano D'Angelo wrote:

> Sorry, didn't see that. Well, I guess there's no problem on the plugin
> side then... any other possible problems on the host side?
>
> In case there are none, we could add an array or another callback.

You'd need a way to let the host know if the plugin is version 1.1 or
1.2. Otherwise the host might try to use the new fields which might be
garbage.

I can't see a way of getting a LADSPA version number from a plugin at
present. Maybe a ladspa_version() function could be added (outside
LADSPA_Descriptor!), defaulting to 1.1.

But I'd probably just go for the ladspa_get_port_value_enums() function
and leave LADSPA_Descriptor untouched, just to be safe.

Damon