[LAD] RFC: Default discovery paths for LADSPA, LRDF, LV2 and DSSI (and more?)

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Thu Jun 25 20:24:14 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 9:13 PM, Jeff McClintock<jef at synthedit.com> wrote:
> Windows has official rules for this.  Users are no longer allowed to add
> random files to an application's directory in "/Program Files/Appname".

Oh!  This is news to me -- interesting news too, given that I
distribute Windows versions of SV without an installer and just expect
the user to copy it to %ProgramFiles% if they want it to go there, and
that it only looks in immediate subdirectories of %ProgramFiles% for
plugins of any sort.

I don't recall anyone complaining to me that they couldn't install
plugins for it -- maybe this just means nobody is using it?!

Can you point to any documentation for this?  I'd like to know what
other rules I might be falling afoul of.

> User installed plugins go in CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES_COMMON , e.g. typically
> "C:\Program Files\Common Files\LADSPA Plugins..."

I don't suppose you happen to know whether any Windows-based LADSPA
hosts are actually using this path?

Chris