[LAD] RFC: Default discovery paths for LADSPA, LRDF, LV2 and DSSI (and more?)

Jeff McClintock jef at synthedit.com
Thu Jun 25 20:13:28 UTC 2009

> > Windows (i.e. "%ProgramFiles%\LADSPA Plugins\rdf"). ?Not that I
> > generally build with LRDF support on Windows anyway.
>
> This makes sense to me, if only it could be made "official"...
> (windows paths too)

Windows has official rules for this.  Users are no longer allowed to add
random files to an application's directory in "/Program Files/Appname".
Permissions are set to prevent it and that directory is virtualized to
prevent it.
 The exception is - Applications can install their own bundled plugins in
"/Program Files/Appname" at install time only (because the installer has
elevated privilege).

User installed plugins go in CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES_COMMON , e.g. typically
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\LADSPA Plugins..."

Best Regards,
Jeff McClintock