[LAD] Debian Lenny 5, the RT build....

alex stone compose59 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 19:17:19 UTC 2009

Just a quick note here for those who may want to 'RT' their Debian Lenny,
and the sheer enjoyment that will no doubt bring.

Using the Kernel for Dummies debian build system (thanks fellas), Alsa
1.0.19, no OSS, vanilla 2.6.26, and Ingo's patches, all went reasonably
well. (32bit)

*****PLEASE NOTE, no women, children, animals, hungarian polka enthusiasts,
or those poor wretched souls using Vista, were harmed during this
build....*****

Booted up ok, but got a kernel failure whilst cranking up my multi app
script.

Narrowed it down to Linuxsampler.

When i removed LS, and Libgig, then reinstalled, the failure went away.
All other apps played ok, with no probs.

I can only guess that my compile options needed renewing, from generic to
RT, but no real hardship, and it didn't take long.

I'm passing this on, in case anyone else builds an debian RT kernel, and
gets a kernel failure notice, once the OS is up and running, and
linuxsampler is started.

Alex.

p.s. Have to say here, that debian 5 is excellent. Even with my clumsy
machinations with the RT build, it just keeps going, and doesn't do silly
stuff when assailed with multiple 'user errors.'

Built like a tank.

:)

--
Parchment Studios (It started as a joke...)