[LAD] [LAU] Join the Debian Multimedia Team! (to improve the state of Linux audio)

Grammostola Rosea rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 19:46:58 UTC 2009

Chris Cannam wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Grammostola Rosea
> <rosea.grammostola at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> But for packages which are valuable and do not pass the (license)
>> criteria of Debian it could be good to have such a repository. For
>> example for a realtime kernel and stuff like dssi-vst
>>

> dssi-vst has been plain GPL and perfectly suitable for Debian
> repositories since version 0.5, released in December 2007, which was
> the first release to use the vestige headers.
>

>> (FST is a candidate for Debian imho)
>>

> Torben has clearly been doing a better job of marketing than I have,
> if you knew that FST had become plain GPL but not that dssi-vst
> already was.

Thanks for the update. I've reported those packages as bug (wish/ RFP),
among others!

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?submitter=rosea.grammostola@gmail.com

Maybe you guys wants to pick up an package or other ones. There is good
information about packaging here:

http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=817

There are some nice developments in the team, like packaging FFADO and
Jconv for Debian (among others) by some new package maintainers!

An other way to help is to report bugs and wishes. There are many useful
audio packages which are in Debian. Also there are always new upstream
releases, mostly reported via LAA, report new upstream packages, so
packages are up to date in Debian and Ubuntu. Howto report bugs:

http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=827

Thanks in advance,

\r