[LAD] LAC NEWS - was: Going to LAC - Anyone travelling from Milan on Wednesday

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Wed Mar 25 22:11:13 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 02:32:14PM -0700, Steven Yi wrote:

> I'm going to the LAC and arriving at the Milan airport (MXP) at around
> 12:30pm on Wednesday before the conference.  I am planning to take the
> bus to the city and then the train to Parma and was wondering if
> anyone else is planning on going from Milan to Parma around that time
> and would like to travel together.  If so, just email me offlist and
> we can arrange meeting up!

Let me just hijack this thread for some announcements.

The conference program is on the website (and has been
for some days). Today we fixed the concert program, and
I wrote my 'editorial' for the proceedings.

If you arrive on wednesday, you are invited to the pizza
evening at Alfonso's at 20:30, but please let me know so
I can reserve seats.

The restaurant is in Via Emilia Est. If you look at a
map of Parma you'll see the historic center surrounded
by an almost circular set of somewhat larger roads, and
divided into four by also larger N-S and W-E streets.
Via Emilia Est is the continuation of the West to East
axis beyond the inner circle. Coming from the center you
will arrive at a roundabout with fountains in the middle.
Cross the road, and 50 meters beyond, on the right hand
side, you'll find Alfonso's. Call me on +39 3401135405 if
you have any problem finding it.

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.