[LAD] LAC NEWS - was: Going to LAC - Anyone travelling from Milan on Wednesday

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Thu Mar 26 03:42:50 UTC 2009

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 23:11:13 +0100
Fons Adriaensen <fons at kokkinizita.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 02:32:14PM -0700, Steven Yi wrote:
>
> > I'm going to the LAC and arriving at the Milan airport (MXP) at
> > around 12:30pm on Wednesday before the conference.  I am planning
> > to take the bus to the city and then the train to Parma and was
> > wondering if anyone else is planning on going from Milan to Parma
> > around that time and would like to travel together.  If so, just
> > email me offlist and we can arrange meeting up!
>
> Let me just hijack this thread for some announcements.
>
> The conference program is on the website (and has been
> for some days). Today we fixed the concert program, and
> I wrote my 'editorial' for the proceedings.
>
> If you arrive on wednesday, you are invited to the pizza
> evening at Alfonso's at 20:30, but please let me know so
> I can reserve seats.
>
> The restaurant is in Via Emilia Est. If you look at a
> map of Parma you'll see the historic center surrounded
> by an almost circular set of somewhat larger roads, and
> divided into four by also larger N-S and W-E streets.
> Via Emilia Est is the continuation of the West to East
> axis beyond the inner circle. Coming from the center you
> will arrive at a roundabout with fountains in the middle.
> Cross the road, and 50 meters beyond, on the right hand
> side, you'll find Alfonso's. Call me on +39 3401135405 if
> you have any problem finding it.

Maybe we should create a general thread for travel and stay?
I guess I'll arrive on either Tuesday or Wednesday by train from Austria
somehow and stay at some hostel, but I haven't arranged anything yet.

If there's someone with a similar travel path or plans for staying maybe
we could arrange something.

Best regards
Philipp