[LAD] qjackd goes funkity

MarcO'Chapeau marco at marcochapeau.org
Mon Mar 30 11:40:50 UTC 2009

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 16:44:25 -0400, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>
wrote:
> Greetings all;

Hi there,

> 1: I installed the jack suite about a week ago, recommended by a friend
and

> I've had it grab core0 of my quad core phenom and loop at 100% several
> times,
> however, using qjackctl to stop and restart it always fixes it.  Is there
>
> buglet still around?

Around where ? we don't know which version of JACK and qjackctl you're
using...

> 2: I have kmail set to play its usual pling as incoming mail arrives, and

> since I installed jack, its quite distorted and just a nearly mote
whisper.
> Is this a possible config error?
>
> It may be that 1 above is related to 2 above as it seems to occur at some

> point when the machine is quiet for the night, but
fetchmail/procmail/kmail
> is
> still running, so it would be getting tapped at that input several
hundred
> times by the time I get up the next morning.
>
> Comments/hints welcomed.

You should probably not use JACK for desktop stuff... does all the apps
that output audio through JACK sound the same or is it just kmail ?

Cheers,
Marc-Olivier Barre.
------
Participez au black-out anti-HADOPI :