[LAD] qjackd goes funkity

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Mar 30 12:48:14 UTC 2009

On Monday 30 March 2009, MarcO'Chapeau wrote:
>On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 16:44:25 -0400, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>
>
>wrote:
>> Greetings all;
>
>Hi there,
>
>> 1: I installed the jack suite about a week ago, recommended by a friend
>
>and
>
>> I've had it grab core0 of my quad core phenom and loop at 100% several
>> times,
>> however, using qjackctl to stop and restart it always fixes it.  Is there

>> buglet still around?
>
>Around where ? we don't know which version of JACK and qjackctl you're
>using...

[root at coyote linux-2.6.28.9]# rpm -qa|grep jack
wine-jack-1.1.15-1.fc10.i386
jack-rack-1.4.7-1.fc9.i386
jack-audio-connection-kit-devel-0.116.1-3.fc10.i386
pulseaudio-module-jack-0.9.14-1.fc10.i386
projectM-jack-1.2.0-4.fc10.i386
jack-audio-connection-kit-example-clients-0.116.1-3.fc10.i386
qjackctl-0.3.3-1.fc10.i386
jack-audio-connection-kit-0.116.1-3.fc10.i386

>> 2: I have kmail set to play its usual pling as incoming mail arrives, and
>>
>> since I installed jack, its quite distorted and just a nearly mote
>
>whisper.
>
>> Is this a possible config error?
>>
>> It may be that 1 above is related to 2 above as it seems to occur at some
>>
>> point when the machine is quiet for the night, but
>
>fetchmail/procmail/kmail
>
>> is
>> still running, so it would be getting tapped at that input several
>
>hundred
>
>> times by the time I get up the next morning.
>>
>> Comments/hints welcomed.
>
>You should probably not use JACK for desktop stuff... does all the apps
>that output audio through JACK sound the same or is it just kmail ?

Apparently just kmail that I've noticed so far, cnn's news video seem to be
ok, as well as msnbc & abcnews.

>Cheers,
>Marc-Olivier Barre.

Thank you.