[LAD] How to develop guis for LV2?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Nov 8 12:40:19 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 7:35 AM, Gabriel M. Beddingfield
<gabriel at teuton.org> wrote:

> I (personally) really don't like having plugin windows flying all over the
> place.  I think they should be layed out in the host application.  (And I
> also think they should be widget-toolkit agnostic --
> Qt/GTK/FLTK/whatever.)

when you come up with a way to do that, please do let us know. this
has been on the table for at least 8 years and no acceptable solutions
have ever emerged. they either offer too little control to the plugin
developer, or simply cannot integrate with the event loop of the host.