[LAD] LADI

Sean Corbett seanbutnotheard at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 03:50:06 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Nedko Arnaudov <nedko at arnaudov.name> wrote:
(hopefully you've all read what Nedko wrote...)

Nedko,

I can't comment on the technical merits or drawbacks of your project,
but I can say that as a user who wants Linux audio to be easier to
manage, the LADI(sh) project is one that I've been keeping a close eye
on.  When I first began using Linux for audio several years ago, LASH
was one of the exciting things that I thought set it apart from other
platforms... and I was saddened to discover that very few programs
supported it, and at that time there was no "dashboard" program to
control it aside from the command line.  Even now, as you've
mentioned, LADISH doesn't offer features beyond existing tools (yet)
and is still in the "preview" stage.  That's the only thing that has
held me back from testing... which I suppose is a catch-22 situation.
When you release preview 2 of LADISH, I'll be sure to try it out.  I'd
like to see hacking continue on it, and when you've got some more
tangible results to show off its functionality (maybe post some
screencasts somewhere?) perhaps more of the community will jump
onboard.

Sean