[LAD] Half speed audio playback issue

victor Victor.Lazzarini at nuim.ie
Mon Oct 5 21:59:42 UTC 2009

Humm, than that seems to be the reverse of what we would expect,
that must be then probably because of the missing samples.

If samples were not missing (say
samples from the two channels got distributed between four
channels) then it should go up in pitch, because each channel
would run through the entire data twice as fast, similarly
to what would happen if a mono file was opened as stereo.

If on the other hand you were opening a stereo file as mono,
then the pitch would go down (with some distortion possibly).
Maybe that is what is happening, your stereo file became 4
identical mono tracks.

Victor