[LAD] [ANN] Qtractor 0.4.3 (fussy doula) released!

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Oct 6 12:30:26 UTC 2009

Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>   Qtractor 0.4.3 (fussy doula) released!

Hi Rui :)

the last version I compiled was 0.4.2.1401 from svn, build Oct 2 2009
03:37:02.

For Linux Qtractor still is my favourite one :).

For further versions I would welcome a more comfortable "management" for
the .mid clips.

When working on a project I save this project by different names, to
enable it to go back to a later version. For Qtractor there's a problem.
After editing a MIDI clip, the changed clip is saved under the same
name, if you leave the editor without using the "save as..." option,
that means that when loading an older version of the project, the older
version can't be restored, when it is using the same clip. This is very
unusual behaviour for a sequencer. Having those .mid files isn't a bad
idea, but the way they are managed might need some improvements.

Thank you, all in all it's a good piece of software :), even if it's
still version 0.x.

Cheers,
Ralf