[LAD] [LAU] [ANN] LADI Session Handler - Preview 1

Nedko Arnaudov nedko at arnaudov.name
Tue Sep 1 12:00:34 UTC 2009

Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> writes:

> Julien Claassen wrote:
>> Hello Nedko!
>>    I've just got ladish and I'm installing it. I've looked into the
>> requirements. I see there's a lot of GUI and GUI-related, which
>> seems to be required. My question: Could you consider making as much
>> as possible of the GUI-stuff optional. I don't have and I don't need
>> any GUI, so I need to install quite a bit. In any case, the daemon
>> itself doesn't require it, so does the minimum user tool
>> (ladi_control).
>>    Kindest regards
>>            Julien
>
> I don't had time to download, compile and install it, but for me
> ladish is interesting because of storing and restoring virtual
> desktops. I do understand that someone wish to have an option not to
> include storage and restore of GUIs and I don't know if the GUI stuff
> has something to do with the desktop stuff, but I think so. To make it
> optional is a fair desire, but please as keep as default to enable any
> features. ;).

The feature you are mentioning (window positions and virtual desktops)
is goal that is not achieved yet.

It has nothing to do with build requirements of ladish. The ones Julien
talks about are for gladish, the GUI control app. It is perfectly fine
to load project with GUI JACK apps in it from commandline through
ladish_control. And it is perfectly fine to load project GUI-less JACK
apps from gladish or LADI Tools.

--
Nedko Arnaudov <GnuPG KeyID: DE1716B0>