[LAD] [LAU] [ANN] LADI Session Handler - Preview 1

Dennis Schulmeister linux-audio-dev at windows3.de
Tue Sep 1 23:18:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 22:48 +0200, Florent Berthaut wrote:
> So the idea of remembering the windows positions is a good point but i
> think another interesting point would be to have an application that
> grabs all the music applications' windows and tiles them automatically
> (of course with the possibilities of resizing and moving each tile)
> So when you restore a session all the windows are accessible at once.
> This would be a sort of musical window manager and would allow to
> combine the advantage of a single window application with the advantages
> of multiple interconnected applications.
>
> Perhaps it already exists, if it does please let me know ;)

That kind of application already exists. It's called a tiling window
manager. ;) DWM is one I sometimes use although I never tried it for
audio work.

Yours sincerely,
Dennis Schulmeister

--
Dennis Schulmeister - Schifferstr. 1 - 76189 Karlsruhe - Germany
Tel: +49 721/5978883 - Mob: +49 152/01994400 - eMail: dennis at windows3.de

Now moved to the corridor: Hermes! (http://ncc-1701a.homelinux.net)
Besides that: http://www.denchris.de - http://www.motagator.net/bands/65

<GnuPG KeyIDs: B8382C97, 01AD62DE>