[LAD] [LAU] [ANN] LADI Session Handler - Preview 1

Florent Berthaut florentberthaut at no-log.org
Wed Sep 2 06:41:21 UTC 2009

Dennis Schulmeister a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 22:48 +0200, Florent Berthaut wrote:
>> So the idea of remembering the windows positions is a good point but i
>> think another interesting point would be to have an application that
>> grabs all the music applications' windows and tiles them automatically
>> (of course with the possibilities of resizing and moving each tile)
>> So when you restore a session all the windows are accessible at once.
>> This would be a sort of musical window manager and would allow to
>> combine the advantage of a single window application with the advantages
>> of multiple interconnected applications.
>>
>> Perhaps it already exists, if it does please let me know ;)
>
> That kind of application already exists. It's called a tiling window
> manager. ;) DWM is one I sometimes use although I never tried it for
> audio work.

Of course one could use a tiling window manager ;) but maybe it is not
suitable to have to close your usual window manager and open another one
when you want to make music.
Having an application that manage at the same time the windows tiling
and the session, would be really more user-friendly .

Regards,

Florent