[LAD] [LAU] [ANN] LADI Session Handler - Preview 1

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Sep 2 07:36:59 UTC 2009

Florent Berthaut wrote:
> I guess i could used a tiling window manager, but i think it could be
> interesting to have a more "music-oriented" system which could handle
> the audio "and" windows sessions.

I like the Ion WM, but I prefer a DE like e.g. KDE. KDE "really" is able
to remember which Window should have what size and in what position it
should open. Until today I only miss an application that is able to
suspend audio sessions to disk and to automatically start them after I
turn on the computer ;). Btw. I never could use Lash :(.

When making music most times I'm using Linux similar to other platforms.
I run jack by a command line and only use one application, Qtractor, as
sequencer and hard disk recorder and I include DSSIs and LADSPAs as
plugins, instead of using separate applications. So most times I'm
running the same set up ;).

I welcome ladish, but most of the times I would like to have a
Linuxsampler DSSI, a Hydrogen DSSI etc. ;).

Ralf