[LAD] interesting blog post about syncing blender and ardour

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Sep 20 22:58:10 UTC 2009

Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> http://www.jpbouza.com.ar/ESP2/tutoriales/gnulinux/blenderardour/id/en

Half asleep I had a quick flip through the howto. It seems to add JACK
transport support to Blender?! If so, Blender could be synced to other
applications too, e.g. MIDI sequencers?! Anyway, I guess sync also
should be possible by using an audio track of Blender for SMPTE, but I
never tested Linux audio applications synced by SMPTE. Reading LTC,
SMPTE seems to be possible with Linux and IMO this should be the normal
way to sync an application like Blender or any other kind of video and
animation software to any audio and other video equipment, imagine you
want to mix 3D animations with "real" video recordings, by a Sony
Betacam, Fastmachine etc. and other common equipment. A SMPTE track
could sync to every equipment, hardware, software, video and audio,
anyway an interesting information. Thank you.