[LAD] interesting blog post about syncing blender and ardour

Arnout Engelen lad at bzzt.net
Mon Sep 21 16:13:16 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 02:51:26PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> For video studios I guess SMPTE is the better choice. When I was working
> with SMPTE I never had any trouble because of sync, it was accurate enough.
>
> It would be clever to use JACK transport internal Linux machines, but to
> have the option to sync any equipment by SMPTE.

I could imagine a 'bridge' between SMPTE and Jack: you could have a Jack
timebase client broadcasting an SMPTE track, or a Jack timebase master
listening to an SMPTE track and keeping the Jack applications in sync with
it.

jackctlmmc.sf.net seems to do something similar for some MIDI timing.

Beware I might be talking rubbish here though, I've never actually used
SMPTE nor MMC :)

Arnout