[LAD] Tracing malloc() and mutex usage in realt-time software

Lennart Poettering mzynq at 0pointer.de
Tue Sep 22 04:11:46 UTC 2009

On Mon, 21.09.09 11:44, Peter Nelson (peter at fuzzle.org) wrote:

> On Sun, 2009-09-20 at 19:27 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > Heya!
> >
> > Not sure if anyone of you already read this announcement about my
> > mutex profiler "mutrace" I wrote a couple of days back:
> >
> > http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/mutrace.html
>
> This looks pretty useful, but I can't get the build system to work on my
> Debian Lenny install, unfortunately.
>
> Makefile.am:28: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
>
> I tried adding AC_PROG_LIBTOOL as suggested but:
>
> ./configure: line 5520: syntax error near unexpected token `2.2'
> ./configure: line 5520: `LT_PREREQ(2.2)'

You need at least libtool 2.2, the archaic 1.5 versions are not
supported.

I've now uploaded a snapshot tarball here:

http://0pointer.de/public/mutrace-0.1.tar.gz

If you use that tarball you need no installation of automake, autoconf
or libtool. Note that this only a snapshot though. Even if the tarball
name might suggest otherwise it's not a released version.

Lennart

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net