[LAD] MidiSport vs. UA25

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Thu Sep 24 11:56:22 UTC 2009

Greetings,

I've been experimenting with MIDI control from one machine to another. I
checked the timing of a single note played simultanesouly by instances
of QSynth on both machines and was surprised to hear a very noticeable
flamming. I then replaced the MidiSport 2x2 with my Edirol UA25 and the
flamming disappeared. Both are USB interfaces, btw. MIDI routing between
the machines is handled by a Yamaha MJC8 and has never been problematic
with that box.

So, my question(s): Is the MidiSport just poorly designed and is there a
further condition or module option that can correct the timing delay
from that unit ?

Best,

dp