[LAD] MidiSport vs. UA25

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Thu Sep 24 14:31:35 UTC 2009

Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Dave Phillips wrote:

>> So, my question(s): Is the MidiSport just poorly designed
>>

> Yes, having to load firmware is awful, but this should not affect
> latency.  :)
>

>> and is there a further condition or module option that can correct the
>> timing delay from that unit ?
>>

> No.
>
> It is possible that the devices have different buffer sizes, so that
> sending multiple MIDI messages at once is more difficult.  Have a look
> at the respective values of wMaxPacketSize that are shown in the output
> of "lsusb -v".  Furthermore, the devices can have different internal
> buffers.

Hi Clemens,

Thanks for the information. The report from lsusb indicated that these
values:

    wMaxPacketSize     0x0020  1x 32 bytes

are the same for the MidiSport and the UA25. However, there's a lot of
information from that report. Is there any other particularly relevant
data I should gather from lsusb ?

Best,

dp