[LAD] "Open midi-keyboard"

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Sep 28 19:01:23 UTC 2009

David Olofson wrote:
> Very handy for pads and strings where this allows you to control the (usually
> rather slow) attack and release times individually.

I believe that this will be a good way to control this. Another, not
perfect way, is something I mentioned some time ago. Limiting the
polyphony to 5 or 6 voices can handle pad sounds in a very nice way.
Release will be cut when playing, because of the limit. Some synths e.g.
the Prophet 5 or Matrix-1000 have some very interesting pad sounds
because of this effect. Attack also can be controlled by note on velocity.

Anyway, I do agree that note off velocity will be an enrichment and it
doesn't need any special hardware.

Ralf