[LAD] [OT] Handle/Mobile devices

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Thu Apr 1 11:24:38 UTC 2010

> You're the second one suggesting this one. It's not too far from
> Pandora, but it's cheaper and closer to a smartphone from a
> dimension point of view. Do you have experience developing for
> these? Is it difficult or it's like any other Linux based system?

Dont expect them to run a full X11. I have the Dingoo A320 here and
developing a software for an installation. Its standard operating system
is µC/OS-II and the official SDK is slightly confusing. But you can
install a Linux onto it and use SDL for instance, making it easier to
create something. Only downside is that you cant use the TV output under
Linux so far and because my project need that I have to go with the
official SDK.

Developing for Wiz is a more straight forward, it uses SDL out of the box.

Cheers,

Malte

--
----