[LAD] distros migrating to JACK2?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Apr 18 10:27:27 UTC 2010

hermann wrote: [snip ... because it's off-list, but I guess the thread
shouldn't be closed, pardon]

There are several reasons why people like to switch between versions of
JACK and it isn't that easy to do. Not every musician has knowledge
about technique. Comparison to other OS are irrelevant.

So for Debian there are good news, but there are other distros and it's
significant for Linux, that if someone is willing to solve what belongs
to him, than the thread should be closed. But how e.g. will the Suse
package managers handle this?

Users ask to have the choice. I don't need the choice, I only need
JACK2, so from now on I'll be quiet. Anyway, it's not good, if clueless
users don't have the choice.

Ralf