[LAD] [Jack-Devel] distros migrating to JACK2?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Apr 18 22:34:09 UTC 2010

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 4:21 PM, rosea.grammostola
<rosea.grammostola at gmail.com> wrote:
> This could all be true, but that's not the point I was talking about.
> JACK2 was planned as successor of JACK1. But at some point that changed,

No, Jack2 (then jackdmp) was not planned as a successor of Jack1. It
was initially planned as an alternate implementation and a playground
to try out some ideas, mostly because Stephane didn't feel that it was
going to be easy to do that with the existing C codebase of Jack (and
I think that everybody else agreed with him about that). *Later*, we
agreed that Jack2 would become the successor of Jack1.