[LAD] [LAU] mudita24 1.02 -- improved envy24control mixer/router for ice1712-based sound-cards

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Thu Aug 12 22:04:18 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 11:48:36PM +0200, Arnold Krille wrote:

> I would really like to see a mixer that has the EQ post the fader. Sounds
> pretty dumb to me. That way the effect of the EQ would be influenced by the
> volume after the fader.

What an EQ is supposed to do doesn't in any way depend on the
signal level. As long as you don't have any non-linear things
in the signal chain (dynamics and some effects) it doesn't
matter where you do the EQ. But there are some good technical
and practical reasons to have it pre-fader.

Ciao,

--
FA

There are three of them, and Alleline.