[LAD] [LAU] mudita24 1.02 -- improved envy24control mixer/router for ice1712-based sound-cards

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Aug 12 23:13:58 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-12 at 23:45 +0100, Dan Mills wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 00:04 +0200, fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:
>
> > What an EQ is supposed to do doesn't in any way depend on the
> > signal level. As long as you don't have any non-linear things
> > in the signal chain (dynamics and some effects) it doesn't
> > matter where you do the EQ.
>
> Except that pre fade aux sends are typically tapped off post EQ by
> default, so (at least in an analogue console) you need the EQ pre fader
> to give a point that is post EQ but pre fader for feeding any aux sends
> switched to 'pre'.

Hm? Aux set to pre are used for monitoring and to post-fader as FX send.
For my mixer it's also pre EQs, but post-EQ and pre-fader. This could be
an advantage and disadvantage ;).
Anyway, we need a mixer to control our envy24 devices, to avoid clipping
etc. for the sound card, not to do the complete mixing. We'll do the
mixing by other software or stand alone mixers.
The envy24 monitoring needs no aux.
IMO this is irrelevant, there also just is the need to have one master
meter, but all those meters.
More important is to have the option to handle multiple cards.