[LAD] Fwd: Claim: Microsoft Pressured Digidesign to Deny Support of GNU/Linux

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Aug 27 15:48:21 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-08-27 at 08:40 -0700, Niels Mayer wrote:
> Comments anybody :-)
>
> http://techrights.org/2010/08/27/throwing-a-wrench-at-protools/
> I have heard from a reliable source, inside Digidesign, that they
> actually have Protools running on Linux, and that the port from OSX
> isn’t that hard, but are under contract obligation to Microsoft to not
> release a Linux port. Otherwise Microsoft can revoke their access to
> the Windows SDK.

*?*

AFAIK Novell a long time ago made a deal, that Suse is allowed to run on
Microsoft OS computers by a dual boot, without losing any warranty, if
there should really be something like a Microsoft warranty. I didn't don
research about this, but it's an information from a guy who worked for
Suse.

I didn't read this and I won't do it, because I'm not interested:

"Microsoft and Novell Announce Broad Collaboration on Windows and Linux
Interoperability and
Support" (http://www.novell.com/news/press/microsoft_and_novell_announce_broad_collaboration_on_windows_and_linux_interoperability_and_support)

*?*