[LAD] envy24control, resp. it's successor

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Dec 14 15:26:07 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 09:34 -0500, David Santamauro wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:40:43 +0100
> Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> > > I never use the monitor section. Could it be that it's to root the
> > > PCMs to the left or the right for the stereo sum, comparable to a
> > > mixing console's left/right buttons for the subgroups? Hence L/R
> > > Gang will make one PCM monitor mono for the stereo sum.
> >
> > PS:
> >
> > Note, there are no pan pots and you not necessarily will have PCM
> > monitor 1 to the left and 2 to the right, perhaps 1 should be mono
> > and 2 2 to the left, while 3 is to the right position.
> >
> > Just a shot in the dark.
> >

> I think I understand: by looking at the windows mixer app in the delta
> 1010 documentation, I see that there is one fader, but in addition,
> there is a pan slider per channel. I'm going to venture to guess that
> having both sliders in envy24control full up, it is the equivalent of
> the windows mixer app channel up and pan center -- this seems logical.
>
> * single strips and pan pots/sliders would make this clearer.
>
> David

Of course, but we should keep in mind, that we're talking about the
mixer for sound cards, but a mixing console or even a virtual mixing
console emulating a dj mixer or a professional mixing console. I never
used the monitor tab of the mixer for the sound card. I just use
envy24control and mudita24 to optimise the 'main' IOs of the card to my
analog mixing console, any mixing is done by apps and/or the analog
mixer, including monitoring.

Cheers!

Ralf