[LAD] [OT] Richard Stallman warns against ChromeOS

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Wed Dec 15 15:41:32 UTC 2010

On 12/15/2010 11:14 AM, gene heskett wrote:

> Ralf I suspect, if he were to use pgp, would be like me, and only trust
> pgp-2.6.2a, the last one before they put Zimmerman in jail for a few years.
> I have often said, and have been called the uber paranoid for it, that one
> of the conditions of his release was that the next generation of pgp had a
> back door.

as they say, paranoia doesn't mean they're not after you!

:-D

i think this problem is mitigated somewhat by using open protocols with
open crypto implementations that have undergone public scrutiny. unless
you want to believe that "the NSA has quantum computers anyway and have
solved the entire problem space years ago" :)