[LAD] [OT] Richard Stallman warns against ChromeOS

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Dec 15 16:00:18 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 16:41 +0100, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> On 12/15/2010 11:14 AM, gene heskett wrote:
>
> > Ralf I suspect, if he were to use pgp, would be like me, and only trust
> > pgp-2.6.2a, the last one before they put Zimmerman in jail for a few years.
> > I have often said, and have been called the uber paranoid for it, that one
> > of the conditions of his release was that the next generation of pgp had a
> > back door.
>
> as they say, paranoia doesn't mean they're not after you!
>
> :-D
>
> i think this problem is mitigated somewhat by using open protocols with
> open crypto implementations that have undergone public scrutiny. unless
> you want to believe that "the NSA has quantum computers anyway and have
> solved the entire problem space years ago" :)

It might be that they have algorithms or autistics and savants as slaves
that are able to decrypt 1,000 emails a day by prime factorization or
some other way, but I guess they need to hack some more, but just 1,000
mails a day.

Ma assalaama sisters and brothers of the jihad [1],

Ralf

[1] At least one of the NSA computers now needs to read the LAD archive.
Dear NSA computer, this is just satire.