[LAD] job posting: ALSA/gstreamer/linux/C++/FOSS Indiana, USA

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Dec 21 15:29:19 UTC 2010

I'm forwarding a job posting sent to me by the recruiter. I'd like to
do this myself, but the time and location make it infeasible.
Apparently,  there are some options for remote work but I'm not clear
what they are. Talk to the recruiter to find out more.

--p

Tom Gugger
Independent Recruiter
tgugger at bex.net

Linux Audio/ Contract/ Immediate/ IN

Skills:
linux ubuntu embedded alsa gstreamer cm synergy c++

This is an eight month contract in Kokomo, Indiana. If you
fit the job description below, email your resume to tgugger at bex.net.
Make sure your resume shows the required skills. No ALSA type
experience, no job.
    ALSA = Linux Audio Package Experience

Duties in this role include:
- Design SW Architecture for Linux and audio subsystem
- Detailed task planning and estimating
- Linux package management, integration and direction

THIS IS A 6-8 MONTH CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY

Requirements

- Linux Audio Package experience (ALSA source/sink, GStreamer architecture)
- Linux Kernel understanding
- Ability to reconfigure and rebuild kernel and kernel modules
- C++ Object Oriented design, analysis
- Linux Driver architecture understanding
- It is preferable that the person has contributed to Open Source
development (FOSS project)
- CM experience required. Synergy experience preferred.